“Alon Ganon is a visionary in his field, very focused on attention to detail and passionate about getting the job accomplished the right way. He has an ability to work well with both IT and business stakeholders.” – Dr. Marco Navarro, President, Navarro Orthodontix, Dallas, Texas, USA
I am self taught in most things IT, beginning as young as four years old under the auspices of my fathers computer consulting business. I built my first computer when I was seven years old, and began my introduction to GNU/Linux at nine years old in the year 2000. I began my introduction to GNU/Linux with Knoppix Live CD, which is also how I navigated around my schools security systems, back in the days of Windows ME and Novell Groupware. I began migrating from Windows to GNU/Linux for day-to-day computer use around 14 years old using an IBM T40 laptop and I began with Ubuntu. However in 2011 the Unity interface was released, but I did not care for the interface so I switched over to Xubuntu. I am currently using Pop!_OS, made by System76, as of Spring, 2018. I also use CentOS at times mostly for phone systems, beginning when I was trained for deploying VoIP SIP phone systems for businesses. I have taught myself about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and even was mining them for quite some time having built “mining rigs” with as many as 6 x AMD R9 280X GPU per motherboard.
I espouse freedom in all facets of life, especially in electronic freedoms which you can see the links below for my articles. I am also a member of the press for Being Libertarian, as well as a freelance journalist specializing on technology. I am a big believer in Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS), and a supporter of the Free Software Foundation. I believe in users having the ultimate control over their hardware and software. This is why I use a cloud storage, email, VPN, and media center I have setup myself. I have migrated away from relying on web based services such as Gmail due to privacy issues and concerns brought up by Edward Snowden.
Qualifications, Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Direct experience with incident and event management via phone, email, and live chat.
- Design & configure high availability TCP/IP and VoIP networks and document them with MS Visio and Dia.
- Installs, configures, and supports:
- LAN/WAN and SAN’s.
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
- Servers, desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and miscellaneous devices.
- Switches, routers, gateways, and firewalls.
- IP Telephony: Asterisk, FreePBX, T.38, Cisco VoIP, Google Voice, and SIP.
- Operating systems, enterprise business applications, and miscellaneous software applications.
- Copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and miscellaneous peripheral hardware.
- Network connectivity to conference rooms and Audio Visual (AV) systems.
- CAT7, CAT6A, CAT5E and Coax copper cabling including RJ45, RJ11, and Coax cable type connections and associated patch cords.
- Knowledge of:
- Hardware platforms, mobile devices, and printers.
- Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS)
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Unix, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, and Android.
- Microsoft Office and Libre Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visio.
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management System (CMS)
- Cisco, Dell, HP, and Lenovo network products as well as LAN/WAN hardware administration.
- IP Telephony: VoIP, SIP, IVR, and ACD.
- Trunks: PRI, DSS, and SIP
- Microsoft Servers Active Directory, Media, SQL, and Exchange.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates
- Cryptocurrency e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and etc.
- GNU/Linux Email, webmail cloud systems
- Network Administration: Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
- System Design: Conceptualized and designed a next generation efficient Linux computer networking system.
- System Building: Built computers known as “Mining Rigs” with as many as 6 Graphic Cards to mine Bitcoin (Virtual Currencies), setup complex and secure networks to store these currencies.
- Conduct training programs and documentation for a wide variety of professionals including ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, clinicians, nurses and other technical clinical staff.
- Read CAD drawings and blueprints.
- Experience fishing cable down inside finished walls including significant ladder work.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems.
- Experience researching, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance: HIPAA/HITECH, NEC, OSHA, PCI, and SOX.
- Accunet, , Westerville, OH, USA, February, 2018 – Present
IT Consultant and Marketing
AccuNet’s IT Support extends across the state of Ohio. We are industry certified consultants, and provide our clients with the industry’s best practices for their IT Network. In order to better serve your IT Support needs we have formed strategic partnerships with World Class products and services.
- Being Libertarian, Virginia, USA, September 2015 – Present
CTO & Reporter
Beinglibertarian.com is a website for minarchists, classical liberals, anarchists, independents, capitalists, and right/left leaning libertarians. The goal of this website is to spread the message of freedom and liberty to the world.
- DTG3D Columbus, Ohio, USA, and Europe January 2015 – January 2017
CTO aka “Chief Geek” & Technical Support
Support Dental Software Suites, and Hardware, as well as any IT issues for Key Opinion Leaders (KOL). Working with some of the top dentists in the world including but not limited to Dr. Francois Duret, and Dr. Henriette Lerner.
- Staples Columbus, Ohio, USA June 2013 – December 2014
CSR & On Site Computer Technician
Repaired and setup computers and small networks for small business and residences on site and in store.
- Breslov Judaica Centre Columbus, Ohio, USA August 2013 – Present
- NGX Dallas, Texas, USA June 2011 – January 2012
Telecom and Computer Consultant
Deployment of Cloud Computing, and CISCO VoIP telephone system. Setup and maintained Linux test beds, and networking solutions in collaboration with other team members
- DTG Columbus, Ohio, USA June 2009 – June 2011
Computer Consultant and Technician
Set up and maintained computers and networking equipment
- Anice’s Nargillot Jerusalem, Israel August 2009 – June 2010
Customer Service Sales Associate
During my year abroad studying in Israel, sold traditional Middle Eastern water pipes (Hookah) and accessories.
- DTG Columbus, Ohio, USA February 2002 – August 2009
Worked on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh machines and performed various diagnostic, repairs and installations.
Bexley High School Technology Award for designing and developing a concept Linux/Windows Hybrid model still being used and implemented at my high school to this day.
Dental Aegis, “3MF Battles STL”
Being Libertarian, “ENCRYPT Act: Legislation Prohibiting Manufacturers From Weakening Security For Government Access”
Being Libertarian, “The Right to Repair is a Libertarian Argument”
Being Libertarian, “EU To Require Tax on Web Links and An Upload Filter To Screen All Content”
Being Libertarian, “Digital Privacy Further Eroded By US Dept. of Justice”
Being Libertarian, “What is Crypto Anarchism and How is it the Most Successful Branch of Libertarianism”
Being Libertarian, “Lavabit, Email Service Favored by Snowden, Revived”
Being Libertarian, “Disintegration of your right to privacy” https://beinglibertarian.com/disintegration-of-your-right-to-privacy/
Being Libertarian (Article), “John McAfee: “America Created ISIS”; “Bitcoin Will Be Replaced” https://beinglibertarian.com/john-mcafee-america-created-isis-says-bitcoin-will-be-replaced/
Being Libertarian (Video), “John McAfee: “America Created ISIS”; “Bitcoin Will Be Replaced”
Being Libertarian, “China performs mass shutdown of VPN’s bypassing their ‘Great Firewall'”
Being Libertarian, “Free(dom) Software: Why Your PC should have Liberty” https://beinglibertarian.com/freedom-software/
Being Libertarian, “Internet Naming System To Be Privatized”
Being Libertarian, “Richard Stallman and the Electronic Frontier Foundation Weigh in on the ICANN Decision”
Being Libertarian, “DNC would not allow FBI direct access to breached servers”
Being Libertarian, “Stolen NSA Tools for Breaching Windows are Now for Sale”
Being Libertarian, “Perspectives: DNC Leak”
Being Libertarian, “Issue 1: Breaking the One Party System in Columbus, Ohio”
Being Libertarian, “Quotes from the Founders: No to Gun Control!”
Being Libertarian, “Gary Johnson announced as Libertarian Party Nominee”
Being Libertarian (Video), “Milo Yiannopoulos on Political Correctness, #DemDebate, Climate Change, and More”
Member of Consumer Electronics Show Press 2016
Member of Chicago Dental Society Mid Winter Meeting Press 2016
Member of LMT Chicago Press 2016
Personal Email: [email protected]* GnuPG Key**
* Private Email Server I operate myself. Please whitelist this as email may accidentally appear in spam
** Optional: For ensuring maximum privacy via encryption as well as ensuring it is in fact me reading your messages to me.